The Town of Flatrock holds beautiful scenery, hiking trails , and history, attracting tourists from not only various parts of Newfoundland but from all over North America. Our historical sites include our Museum, located in the Town Hall building in Flatrock sense 1988. The museum houses artifacts and photographs of life in Flatrock in the days of our forefathers. These include artifacts from the fishing and farming industry, kitchen artifacts, artifacts from the old St. Michael’s Church, as well as photos of the visit of Pope John Paul to Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto in 1984. The Grotto is a well visited historical point in Flatrock, formally dedicated on August 17th, 1958 by the Most Reverend P.J. Skinner, C.J.M. D.D.; Archbishop of St. John’s and is currently the largest religious Grotto in Eastern Canada. Hikers will also enjoy taking in the scenery on the East Coast Trails: here.